Saturday, September 8, 2007

100 Hours

I now have 100 hours on it running 50% waste motor oil. Although it is a new engine and expected to burn oil, it has only consumed 1 quart of oil maintining a full oil level. I have talked to several people and they all have said it takes about 1000 hours till it gets broken in and stops using oil. Most generators would be on the downgrade of their life cycle at 1000 hours LOL.

Since the wind has been blowing the exhaust back at the engine a lot, the air cleaner looked bretty black so I changed that. I had a little trouble finding the crossreference for the NAPA filter at my auto parts store, but I found another filter that fit perfectly that they had in stock.

I also changed the fuel filter. I had similar problems finding a fuel filter element. I Found another one and drilled out a hole in the top and removed the rubber gaskets from the old filter and put them on the new filter. Since I put a new filter between the old filter and the 15 gallon fuel tank, the old filter is a secondary filter now. I ran it with just the old filter for a couple of days just to make sure it was working properly with the alterations.

No comments: