Monday, September 17, 2007

Finaly have it on the ground and running.

Well, Finally got it set up and running. Temporarily, I have the roof just setting on the ground. The generator is between two shipping containers so there is only downward falling rain to shield it from. I will eventually be putting a roof between the two containers and remove the temporary one.

Since it has been cool lately and I haven't needed the air conditioning. I set the rpm down to 300 rpm. It still charges batteries at 30 to 40 amps. The alternator is running hot though. I am going to run it that way though for a while and see what happens. I am also going to see if I can get or make a smaller diameter pulley for it on the lathe to increase air flow through it.

If I can get it to run at 300 rpm, I can extend my fuel to about 6 to 7 hours per gallon. Since I am running 50% waste motor oil, that means about 12 to 14 hours per gallon of diesel fuel. At present prices, that comes to about$1.50 a day or 45 dollars a month.

No comments: