Saturday, September 15, 2007

Permanent location.

Since I mounted the generator on a trailer in case I had to move it around to a quieter place was unnecessary, I decided today to set it on the ground where it was at except I turned it 90 degrees to make it easier to get around it.

The only real hassle was that I had to remove the bolts holding down the engine and replace them from the bottom up so the excess was not in the way when I set it down on the railroad ties I have buried for a base.

No photos this time, I worked up till about 8 PM. I thought retirement was supposed to be easy. I used to work 40 hours and wear a white shirt. I haven't had a day off since I retired and wear blue work clothes now. Come to think of it, I haven't even got any dress clothes. I might as well go back to work.

So far I have it setting on some cement blocks. Tomorrow I will remount the generator, move the water tank, move the fuel tank and bolt it all down.

No comments: